access & special needs
The Knock Knock Children’s Museum was specially designed to ensure that every child has the opportunity to learn through play.
- Most areas of the museum are free of barriers, which provides full access to our outstanding experiences for those visitors with special needs.
- The museum is accessible by car or by public transportation. In front, you will find a white-curbed loading zone where visitors can load and unload.
- Our visitor parking lot includes handicapped parking spaces and ramp access. In addition, all Learning Zones, public restrooms and outdoor facilities are wheelchair accessible.
- The museum has Braille picture books, weighted lap blankets, stuffed animals and more for children with special needs. Ask a staff member for more information.
- The Quiet Cabin provides sensory experiences and a place for a child to take a break from the busy action of the museum.
- Both First Aid and Lost & Found are located at the Information Desk.
- A Sensory Learning Zone Map can be found here.
- Preview A Day at Knock Knock Social Story and A Field Trip at Knock Knock Social Story before your visit.
Knock Knock Children’s Museum presents Play 4 All – a regular monthly program designed for children with sensory processing differences, disabilities and developmental delays. Join us from 5 – 7pm on select Fridays as children and their families can explore Knock Knock at their own pace, with activities adapted to a variety of abilities. Play 4 All features a less crowded environment, trained staff, light and sound reduction, and designated quiet rooms. For more information on this program click here.