Are you energetic, outgoing, and dependable? Show your talent and join our team of friendly volunteers. Knock Knock volunteers are the heart of our organization and a vital part of our learning framework and ongoing operations.
Click the link at the bottom of the page to schedule your volunteer shift. You will be contacted to confirm your requested times. Priority will be given to volunteers that can commit to working weekly in the same time slots. Available hours are:
Wednesdays: 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Thursdays: 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm, 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Fridays: 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Saturdays: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm,1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Sundays: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Group volunteers (organizations, companies, or groups of friends wishing to volunteer as a unit) should contact Mary Louise Jones at email@example.com to schedule special group opportunities.
What to Expect as a Knock Knock Volunteer
- Our mission is to be a community spark for high quality learning experiences through play. Volunteers will help engage children and families and help scaffold their learning.
- Interests, skills, and availability will be combined with the needs of the museum. Most volunteers will provide Learning Zone support and some will provide behind-the-scenes prep work.
- Volunteers providing Learning Zone support will ensure that areas are always ready for play: fun, engaging, set up, clean, tidy, and safe.
- Volunteers should dress appropriately: no holes, rips, or tears, shorts must reach mid-thigh, shirts must cover midriff, leggings must be worn with long shirts, and closed toe shoes are required.
- Upon arrival, volunteers will sign in on the volunteer iPad. In addition, if you are earning service hours, please bring your organization’s sign-in sheet.
- Volunteers are not permitted to use cell phones while working.
Thank you for sharing your time, talents, and expertise with our team and the families of our community!