Knock Knock Children’s Museum’s Duck Derby presented by the TEAM Automotive Group
Congratulations to our Winners!
- 1st Place ($2,500 prize): Stacy Dampf – ticket #4115
- 2nd Place ($1,500 prize): Ford Piakiewicz – ticket #3611
- 3rd Place ($1,000 prize): Kristen Talbot – ticket #4618
- 4th Place (Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers for a year): Mary Pettit Mozingo – ticket #4902
- 5th Place (Whataburger for a year): Louise Myers – ticket #5535
- Corporate Challenge Race Winner: Blue Cross Blue Shield Louisiana
- Webby Winner: Baton Rouge Coca-Cola Bottling Co.
- Fan Favorite Winner: UPS Store #5036
All Duck adoption tickets for the original race date (4/26) will automatically be valid for the new scheduled race date (8/23).
Support Knock Knock and Adopt a Duck!
Sunday, August 23, 2020 – Virtual Race!
A race of thousands of rubber ducks down the stream at City Park Golf Course, the Knock Knock Duck Derby is the highly anticipated, family-friendly fundraiser for Knock Knock Children’s Museum. The ducks hit the stream this year at 1:00 pm on Sunday, August 23, 2020.
Community members and companies can participate by adopting individual ducks for $5 each or one of our duck adoption packages, sponsoring the event, participating in the Corporate Challenge, or volunteering!
Want to adopt your ducks today? Adopt them online here or purchase your duck adoption papers at our front desk. Ducks adopted online will be mailed duck adoption paper(s) within one week to the address used at at the time of purchase.
On race day, find the duck with the number that corresponds to your ticket and root him on as he races to the finish line! The top 3 finishers will receive grand prizes. You do not have to be present to win!
Funds raised through the Knock Knock Duck Derby support the museum’s Who’s There? Annual Fund, providing vital dollars to help sustain Knock Knock’s innovative programming, outreach and education initiatives. Your support of the Knock Knock Duck Derby will allow Knock Knock Children’s Museum to continue to provide research-based learning opportunities through play for children, families, educators and caregivers in the Capital Region.
Duck Derby Sponsors
Presenting Big Quacker
The TEAM Automotive Group
Baton Rouge Coca-Cola Bottling Company
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana
Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers
Rolfe and Cary Miller
Special thanks to our Media Sponsor:
Lamar Advertising Company
Charitable Gaming License #E0009914
It’s time to QUACK a friend for Knock Knock!
We need your help with our first-ever “You’ve been QUACKED!” yard promotion. This is going to be “Flocks of Fun” and a great way to involve your friends and family in a new and exciting way.
Here’s how it works:
- To get the feathers flying, you choose a friend to be QUACKED by donating $150 to Knock Knock’s 3rd Annual Duck Derby on August 23rd. With your donation, you will receive 24 duck adoptions for the big race in your name and increase your chances of winning the cash prizes.
- In addition, the Knock Knock staff will visit the friend you’ve chosen to QUACK and set-up a display with a 4’ banner announcing that “You’ve Been QUACKED!” with balloons and an assortment of decorative, fun ducks. The display will remain in their yard for 48 hours before they migrate to the next family.
- Videos and social media posts are encouraged. Be sure to tag your friends and Knock Knock.
So, let’s get QUACKING! Our ducks plan to take flight beginning Monday, July 13th and we need your help to get the feathers flying!
Click on the red “Get Quacking Now” button to QUACK a friend and increase your chances of winning cash prizes all with a generous $150 donation to Knock Knock Children’s Museum!