Give your students a field trip to remember at Knock Knock Children’s Museum! Our informative video contains all of the details that you will need to prepare for your field trip. We cant wait to see you soon!
Length of Field Trip
Field trips are scheduled for a 2-hour period. Groups should arrive at least 5 minutes in advance to accommodate check-in. Field trips that arrive prior to opening or too far in advance of their scheduled visit will have to wait for entry.
Field Trip Options
BRAND NEW FOR 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
Monday Field Trips
How would your school like to have Knock Knock all to yourselves? Now you can! Beginning in August 2019, we are offering Monday Field Trips to groups with a minimum of 250 students or more (up to 450 including teachers, parents and chaperones). This option allows your school to experience all the hands on learning and fun Knock Knock has to offer exclusively for you! Bring multiple grades at once, invite all parents, bring your 4thand 5thgrades. Monday Field Trips are a unique opportunity to create memories for a lifetime. Not limited to two hours.
Knock Knock also offers two additional field trip options: Self-Guided Field Trips and Enhanced Field Trips.
- Self-Guided Field Trips are offered to students Pre-K – 3rd grade. As the name implies, this option encourages children, along with their teachers and chaperones, to explore the museum at their own pace.
- Enhanced Field Trips are offered to students 1st – 3rd grade and limited to 2 classes per day (up to 50 students). There is an additional fee for Enhanced Field Trips. This option includes a self-guided tour along with a 30-minute hands-on lesson, led by Learning Innovation Staff. There are three Enhanced field trip options: Design Challenge or Art.
- Enhanced Field Trips are not offered during the summer.
Field Trip Scheduling
Field trips are scheduled for Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays between the hours of 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM for two-hour periods. Field trips are limited to 150 students daily. Of this number, 50 slots are reserved for our enhanced field trips. Due to Knock Knock Children’s Museum capacity we cap our daily field trips to 250 individuals, maximum including: including students, teachers, aides, caregivers and parents) NOTE: Due to rules and responsibilities of chaperones, chaperones should not bring siblings.
Knock Knock require one (1) adult chaperone for every five (5) children. Due to limited parking and museum capacity, Knock Knock allows 5 additional chaperones per class beyond the 1:5 ratio at the $10 per person rate. We strongly encourage schools to work within this ratio in order to ensure that students have the best possible field trip experience. All adults must be registered with the class registration form. All adults not registered in advance must pay museum general admission cost. Unregistered parents may be turned away due to capacity regulations. Field Trips with special needs students or for certain pre-school groups can have a higher student/adult ratio with pre-authorization.
Field Trip Fees:
Monday Field Trip
- $12 per student — Pre-K through 5thgrade (only one school allowed per Monday).
Additional Opportunities Exclusively for Monday Field Trips:
- Customized enhanced activity, let our Educators create a special lesson just for your students, starting at $5 for each student.
- On-Site Picnic ($250 cleaning fee)
- Take away souvenir ($3 per student)
Field trip fees are applied to all children, including museum members and those who qualify for the Knock Knock for All EBT Access Program. Chaperones meeting the 1:5 ratio are not charged.
- Self-guided field trip $10 per child
- Enhanced Field trip $12 per child
- Chaperones, including teachers/aides/volunteers/parents used to meet the 1:5 ratio, are free.
- Chaperones above the 1:5 ratio with advanced field trip reservations are $10.
- For classes serving children with special needs, the ratio can be adjusted to your student’s needs.
Making a Reservation
All field trip requests are made online and processed at least 30 days prior to the requested visit date. Use our new online calendar to check our field trip availability. Requests are made directly online and reserved on a first come, first serve basis. All field trip communication will take place through email.
The field trip coordinator will review the submitted request for accuracy, completeness and availability and notify the school/group with a confirmation within 7 business days of the request, which will include the cost of the field trip and details on the final payment due date.
Final confirmation of the field trip is contingent upon receipt of final payment.
Final payment is due 7 days before scheduled visit.
Final payments can be made by cash, check or credit card.
Onsite payments are accepted between 9am and 4:30 pm.
After final payment is made, the Field Trip Coordinator will email the school a packet with important information for teachers, parents and chaperones.
NOTE: Monday Field Trips — Reservations must be arranged 30 days in advance. 50% non-refundable deposit due when your Monday Field Trip is confirmed. Final payment is due seven days before visit. All other rules and regulations apply.
All cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. Cancellations made more than 15 days in advance of your visit will receive a full refund. If a cancellation is submitted less than 15 days in advance of your visit (with payment already made), your group will receive a credit in the payment amount that will be retained on the group’s account to apply towards a future visit within one year of the scheduled visit.
Groups that do not show up for their scheduled field trip will forfeit all payments.
Knock Knock does not have indoor facilities for lunch, even in the case of inclement weather. The museum is located near City Park where park benches and grassy areas are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Parking is free at Knock Knock.
- School buses will be directed to park and unload at a designated location and provided with information relative to parking of the bus.
- Alignment of Learning Zone Experiences with the Louisiana Birth to Five Early Learning and Development Guide Lines
- Alignment of Learning Zone Experiences with Common Core Standards in K-3rd Grade.