Knock Knock Children’s Museum is no longer booking school field trips for the 2017-2018 school year. We will begin taking reservations for 2018-2019 school field trips on July 1, 2018.
Give your students a field trip to remember at Knock Knock Children’s Museum! Our informative video contains all of the details that you will need to prepare for your field trip. We cant wait to see you soon!
Field Trip Options
Knock Knock offers two field trip options: Self-Guided Field Trips and Enhanced Field Trips.
Self-Guided Field Trip
This self-guided option allows children to explore the museum at their own pace with their own teachers and chaperones. Our eighteen Learning Zones are designed to meet the developmental needs of children from birth to age 8, and are aligned to the educational standards required by the state of Louisiana. This visit includes a 15-minute orientation and a maximum of 105 minutes to explore the interactive exhibits.
STEM Enhanced Field Trip
This facilitated tour includes a 15-minute orientation , a 30- 45-minute workshop led by a member of the Learning Innovation team, and 60 to 75 minutes of free exploration of the 18 Learning Zones.
Select from the following STEM Enhanced Field Trip options to meet the learning needs of your students.
- Design Challenge 101. Join our Makers Shop Educators for a hands on exploration into the magic of Making and Tinkering . Children will be actively engaged in STEM-rich tinkering, making and engineering experiences while exploring new tools and technologies.
- Cultivate !! An Art Garden Exploration. Monthly themes in Knock Knock’s Art Garden explore the wonders of art making in a studio environment led by one of our museum’s art educators. Hands-on real art experiences allow students to express their inner artist, problem solve, learn specialized techniques and sharpen fine motor skills. Activities range from painting, printmaking, sculpture to drawing, mixed media and more.
- Math Magic in Geaux Figure Play House – Who would of thought math could be so much fun? A museum educator will engage children in playful math experiences in the Geaux Figure! Playhouse and will guide their learning as they work with research-based math materials developed by the Mathematikum Museum in Germany. Then, to teach children that math is everywhere, they will encounter math challenges while enjoying the different learning zones throughout the museum.
In 2018 -2019, school field trips will be capped at 150 students daily and offered Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. KKCM will reserve 50 student slots, or 2 classes, for the Enhanced Field Trip option.
Field Trip Times
Field trips are scheduled for a two-hour period.
Tuesday 9 am – 2 pm
Wednesday 9 am – 2 pm
Thursday 9 am – 2 pm
Ages/Grades for Field Trips
Knock Knock field trips are designed for children ages 3-8 (preschool through third grade).
Knock Knock require one (1) adult chaperone for every five (5) children. KKCM will allow an additional 5 adults to each group with advanced notification, and these adults will pay $14 museum admission. KKCM will not allow extra adults to attend Field Trips due to issues of capacity. Field Trips with special needs students or for certain pre-school groups can have a higher student/adult ratio with pre-authorization.
Groups of 50+
Groups of 50+ children must follow the chaperone ratio guidelines of one adult per five children and will be led though Learning Zones on a staggered schedule to create the optimal learning experience for all. The process for scheduling the flow of large field trip groups is managed by Learning Innovation team and assigned to L.I. staff at weekly meetings. School field trips will be capped at 150 students daily.
Field Trip Fees:
Self-guided Field Trip: $10 per child and 1:5 ratio chaperone
Enhanced Field Trip: $12 per child and 1:5 ratio chaperone
Additional 5 Chaperones above 1:5 Ratio, $14
Member benefits as well as the Access EBT reduced admission program cannot be used for admission.
Making a Reservation
- A reservation form must be signed and submitted online a minimum of 30 days prior to the anticipated date of the trip.
- Reservation is not complete and final until a confirmation letter has been received.
- Final payment is due 15 days before your scheduled visit.
- Knock Knock reserves the right to cancel a scheduled field trip/group visit if payment is not received by the payment due date.
- Payments may be in the form of purchase order, check, credit card or cash.
- All reservation adjustments must be submitted prior to the scheduled field trip/group visit date.
Make your reservation on June 15th
Spots fill up fast, so reserve your spot soon!
All cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations made more than 15 days in advance of your visit will receive a full refund. If a cancellation is submitted less than 15 days in advance of your visit (with payment already made), your group will receive a credit in the payment amount that will be retained on the group’s account to apply towards a future visit within one year of the scheduled visit.
Groups that do not show up for their scheduled field trip will forfeit all payments.
Knock Knock does not have indoor facilities for lunch, even in the case of inclement weather. The museum is located near City Park where park benches and grassy areas are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Parking is free at Knock Knock.
- School buses will be directed to park and unload at a designated location and provided with information relative to parking of the bus.
- Alignment of Learning Zone Experiences with the Louisiana Birth to Five Early Learning and Development Guide Lines
- Alignment of Learning Zone Experiences with Common Core Standards in K-3rd Grade.