Your health is ALWAYS important to us!
Museum Update on COVID-19
Updated March 13, 2020
Knock Knock Children’s Museum would like to share our actions as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19). We currently remain open to visitors and are continuing with our usual programs. But will be making some adjustments this weekend to our operating procedures.
While we will be following our regular hours of operation this weekend — 9am-5pm Saturday and 11am-5pm Sunday—we will be limiting capacity to 250 people in the museum at any given time. We will close Saturday from 12-12:30pm and Sunday from 2:30-3:00pm for additional deep cleaning and sanitizing. This is in addition to our regular, vigorous, and industry-best cleaning protocols that occur multiple times a day. To give our staff the ability to continuously disinfect and sanitize our 18 Learning Zones, we will periodically close individual Learning Zones during our open hours for additional deep cleaning.
The situation is changing rapidly and our leadership team is working to stay abreast of all updates from the CDC, the state, and East Baton Rouge Parish. We will keep you apprised of any additional changes in our hours, events, and programs. Please check our website for continued updates.
We kindly ask that you postpone your visit if you have flu-like symptoms, or if you have recently traveled to a city, state or region that is experiencing widespread transmission of COVID-19. Additionally, we encourage our visitors to follow CDC recommendations, including regular hand washing.
Thank you for being patient with these changes and doing your part to help keep Knock Knock Children’s Museum healthy!
Daily Cleaning procedures:
- All hard surfaces from the car in the Go-Go Garage to every book in the Storybook Climber is wiped down thoroughly with disinfectant wipes. Playworkers constantly disinfect these areas throughout the day.
- Small items, like Legos, toy cars, plastic dishes and play food, etc. are sanitized and disinfected.
- Soft items, like aprons, uniforms, life jackets, and plush animals are washed, dried and sanitized daily.
- Door handles, chairs, benches, and bathrooms are meticulously cleaned and disinfected.
- Floors are mopped and vacuumed.
- Items that find their way into little mouths are pulled and sanitized before being placed back in the learning zone.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer periodically throughout the day. Knock Knock has two free hand sanitizing stations available. They are located near the elevator on each floor.
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds. An easy way to remember is to sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice. Each bathroom has fun handwashing tips near each sink. Please be sure to help the little ones who may not understand how important this is to keep them and others healthy.
Click HERE to read more about ways to talk to your children about the Coronavirus.