Making and Tinkering Up Close
Knock Knock Children’s Museum offers our first afternoon, homeschool class beginning September 2018. Children and their parents will meet at museum every other Wednesday from 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM to take part in 8-weeks of STEAM based investigations led by our Learning Innovation staff. Each session will include a make and take activity as well as opportunities to explore and experiment. Parents will receive lesson plans with resources and follow up suggestions to further the exploration at home.
Making and Tinkering Up Close is designed for children ages 5-12. Children who pre-register for the 8-week course will receive an additional meet and greet class.
Fall 2018 Schedule
- August 29, 2018 @ 1:30 Class Meet and Greet (Extra class for pre-registrants)
- September—Elements of Earth
- September 5, 2018-Periodic Table
- September 19, 2018-Magnetism
- October—Cardboard Challenge
- October 3, 2018-Design your own arcade game
- October 17, 2018-Knock Knock Arcade
- November 14, 2018-Microscope and Magnifying Glass Exploration
- November 28, 2018-Mini Robots-Make your own Maze
- December—Festivals of Light
- December 12, 2018-Simple Circuits-Make a Winter Decoration and Make it Glow
- December 19, 2018-End of Semester Celebration: Review of our greatness
$40 for members
$140 for future members*
*Price includes admission to the museum.